The MEM Gateway 4.0 takes into account the job experience and knowledge of experienced professionals and is designed for adults.
It uses modern learning methods which allow it to take account of the individual situations of the students. Because it recognizes skills already acquired, the system allows for training time to be shortened.
A skills assessment and complementary aptitude testing help to individually define the student's future training pathway.
- Adults who have completed their initial training (aged 30-55)
- Technical understanding paired with openness to and motivation to work in the MEM industries
Targeted retraining advice and support (inform-advise-support)
- Comprehensive skills assessment and aptitude testing
- Incorporates and takes account of experience and skill sets
- Tailored, individual and streamlined retraining pathway
- Support during training
Job market requirements: Training contract with company
- Needs-based and practice-oriented due to direct involvement of companies
- Oriented to and using the structures of the existing dual education system
- Establishes a culture of change and learning for future challenges
Duration of training and methods employed
- 2 years, in-service training, designed for adult learners
- Classroom teaching (12 lessons per week, afternoon/early evening), independent study
- Face-to-face time blocks for practical training in a technical laboratory
- Applying knowledge through consolidation in own workplace