Swissmem's Legal Services department advises members on a range of legal matters. Our advisory service is fully covered by members' annual subscriptions. Since we advise companies in the mechanical and electrical engineering industry only, we are familiar with the particular requirements of the sector. We endeavour to find the most pragmatic solutions.
At your service
- Advice by telephone, in writing or in person on matters to do with purchase agreements, service agreements, agency agreements, distribution agreements, technology licence agreements, OEM agreements and confidentiality agreements (NDAs). We also have experience of drafting development contracts and other cooperation agreements.
- Preparing and checking General Terms and Conditions for delivery, purchasing, servicing, repairs and installation.
- Reviewing all standard agreements used in your company for sales, purchasing, customer service, etc. We give you comprehensive feedback with suggestions for adjustments or improvements.
- Advice on EU technical legislation relevant to the sector; especially Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. We are also familiar with the Low Voltage Directive, the EMC directive, the Pressure Equipment Directive and so on. In addition, we know about the legislation on product safety in Switzerland (Bundesgesetz über die Produktesicherheit, or PrSG) and in the EU.
- We offer you and your employees customized training courses on selected topics and keep you regularly updated on a wide range of legal issues and amendments.
Finally we offer a wide range of internationally usable, sector-specific contracts and general terms and conditions. Swissmem members benefit from special rates. Link (Page in German)
Furthermore, the General Terms and Conditions of Orgalime can be obtained in electronic format by purchasing an annual licence.
Swissmem members benefit from a 50% discount.