Swissmem represents the interests of the MEM industry in relation to the public, media and politicians. For this purpose, Swissmem's Communications unit undertakes political lobbying, carries out mainstream media work and organizes talks and events. Swissmem members receive up-to-date information on topics relevant to the sector, via electronic and traditional channels.
At your service
- Swissmem responds to media enquiries and publicizes topics relating to the MEM industry at media conferences and by means of media releases.
- Four times a year, Swissmem holds meetings with members of parliament to keep interested politicians informed about the industry's concerns.
- At the Swissmem Industry Day, eminent people debate the future prospects of the MEM industry in front of more than 1,000 guests.
- Swissmem exhibits at trade fairs and also at national jobs fairs, where it gives young people information about apprenticeships in the sector.
- The young talent campaign tecmania.ch has been set up by Swissmem to tackle the looming shortage of apprentices. Member companies have an opportunity to present their company and its trainee positions to a young audience with a particular interest in technology.
- Swissmem members receive an attractive printed magazine and the twice-monthly newsletter, thus obtaining sector-related news at first hand. A comprehensive extranet with exclusive content is also available to them.
- Communications specialists from Swissmem member companies meet in the PR group to exchange news about developments in corporate communications.