The semiconductor industry is of high economic and political importance on a global level. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and geopolitical tensions between the USA and China, it has come under even greater public focus. This trend is expected to continue.
Switzerland is home to a number of semiconductor companies and suppliers with an outstanding position in this field. In light of this, Swissmem has decided to establish a new industry sector for semiconductors (SEMI), which will have the following objectives:
- Continue to raise awareness of the industry's importance among policymakers and society
- Campaign for good operating conditions
- Promote appropriate research
- Facilitate international cooperation
- Secure access to funding opportunities
Want to be involved?
The inaugural meeting of the new SEMI industry sector is scheduled for 17 January 2023.
Any companies – including suppliers – in this sector who are interested in taking part can contact Adrian Vogel, Member of Management and Head of Industry Sectors: a.vogelnoSpam@swissmem.ch.