One focus area for the Industry sectors is that of sharing experiences and networking. They also collect market-relevant performance indicators and data. Another important area is that of marketing activities, e.g. within the context of joint appearances at leading international trade fairs or through publication of brochures and specialist articles. Many Industry sectors are also members of European or global umbrella organizations. Last but not least, the Industry sectors provide input on their needs when changes are made to curricula at vocational training and university of applied sciences level.
Each Industry sector organizes itself and enjoys a great deal of autonomy within Swissmem. Their activities are primarily determined by their committees and the needs of the member companies. Swissmem provides the administrative infrastructure for the groups and takes care of the professional organization of their activities.
- Providing a platform for sharing experiences
- Organizing joint trade fair appearances and marketing activities (national and international)
- Preparing discipline-specific and industry-specific information, statistics and performance indicators
- Producing brochures and specialist articles
- Contacts with media and public authorities
- Administration of Industry sector