Photonics is a key technology concerned with all aspects of the medium of light. Optical technologies cover a wide spectrum, from lasers, laser systems for material processing, image processing and measuring technology all the way to medical or information technologies.
Photonics technologies are enabling technologies for new product functions. They are almost never seen on their own; rather, they always operate in conjunction with other established or innovative technologies. They are already highly significant for all industrial applications today. And their penetration continues to deepen.
The work of the Photonics Industry sector centres around this extremely promising and rapidly growing technology cluster. It provides international and national networking opportunities for its members and facilitates initial contacts and connections. The Industry sector maintains a strong link to the mostly scientifically endowed Swissphotonics national thematic network (NTN). This complementarity lends great weight and credibility to industry-relevant initiatives and lobbying.
- Regular sharing of information and experiences and cultivation of contacts among member companies
- Providing members with current information on technology development and market trends
- Establishing and expanding the dynamically growing photonics technology provider community and its user community
- Networking with nationally and internationally relevant organizations, knowledge centres and opinion leaders
- Commitment to young talent at the vocational training, bachelor’s and master’s degree levels
- Exchanges with technical experts from other companies on technological trends and innovations.
- Access to photonics workshops, half-day and full-day seminars on current photonics topics.
- Insights into and background information on other businesses and industry-relevant research and educational institutions.
- The chance to help shape industry-related vocational training and research funding.
- Additional influence in questions relating to state-regulated framework conditions (incl. export regulations, vocational training, research policy).