Many companies in the Swiss MEM industries are among the worldwide leaders in their markets. A crucial factor in this success is a favourable economic policy environment in Switzerland. Swissmem campaigns to bring this about.
At the heart of Swissmem’s political work is draft legislation in the areas of labour market, foreign trade, social security, energy and environmental policy. As part of this work, Swissmem participates in consultation processes, monitors the entire parliamentary process, gets involved with campaigns to shape public opinion, and runs referendum campaigns.
The value of Swissmem’s political work is almost impossible to quantify in monetary terms. Nonetheless, the benefit to businesses is extremely long-lasting, as only through this commitment can entrepreneurial freedom be preserved and costly, undesirable political developments be prevented.
- Introducing industry concerns into the political process wherever relevant
- Regular exchanges with members of parliament on industry-relevant topics
- Maintaining contact with the Federal Council and leading representatives of the federal administration
- Participating in significant extra-parliamentary federal commissions
- Participating in all consultation processes relating to industry-relevant bills
- Running proprietary campaigns in the case of industry-relevant votes
- Supporting the campaigns of umbrella organizations economiesuisse and SAV on economic policy bills
- Active media work aimed at raising public awareness of industry concerns
- On- and offline campaigning on relevant topics
- Representation of interests at European level through membership of European industry umbrella associations (Orgalim, CEEMET).
The benefits to you
- The best possible framework conditions for your business.
- The certainty that all industry-relevant proposed legislation will be monitored professionally with an eye to the interests of industry.
- Active involvement of Swissmem in relevant referendum campaigns.
- Opportunities to bring your political interests into the political process through your involvement with the association.
- Active placement of political concerns relating to your industry in online and offline media.
- Access to information on current legislative developments within the EU (e.g. the Machinery Directive).